Friday, May 16, 2008

My emotional attachment

My emotional attachment

I do not know if you would call it coincidental or cursed, but I have lost another one…

People doted on her more than her brothers, even I did. She was the only girl, cookies and cream colour, similar to that of her Father.

Used to "scold" her for making too much noise, didn’t like people carrying her and always trying to play hide and seek.

But that little voice is gone forever…


Something was calling me to see them yesterday. The situation was in my favour; Mum was not around to nag about me wasting my time on them and I had to get my own dinner. Instead I became lazy…

Yet yesterday night, I took effort to load photos of them, wanted to show them to the world.

Was that a sign? A call for help? A call that I ignored?


It was 8:40 a.m. when my phone rang.

"Speakerbox is dead".

I was still half awake then, was not able to register that message into my head. The message had to be repeated three times before it sunk in. By then, the phone was hung up.

I rushed down, hoping to see the last of her. However, I chickened out. Just stared at the trash bag that contained her body.

One of the ladies told me that she was attacked by her hind legs and was ripped apart, parts of her fur behind was gone too; reckoned that an animal did it.

She was kind, and wrapped Speakerbox nicely with newspaper and placed her in a trash bag. At least she didn't throw her away.

The cry of her mother tears my heart apart. Short tail, following his mother around, suddenly missing another play mate. Another part of my "emotional attachment" has been ripped away from me. I never understood when people said "Oh I’m grieving caused my pet died" Now I do…

She gone…

Oh, I came to know about Long Tail’s whereabouts; he's gone too, the same place where Speakerbox is now, but he has been there since a month plus ago, the day when I assumed he was cat-nabbed and enjoying life. Guess he is better where he is now.


[Speakerbox 29 Feb 2008 - 16 May 2008]

[Long Tail 29 Feb 2008 - April 2008]


This is probably the longest entry I have ever written, maybe this will be my longest….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home