Sunday, January 29, 2006

New year without him

A NEW YEAR WITHOUT "HIM"

A New Chinese Year has arrived. It seemed long since the last time I celebrated it.

As I looked at 'him' on the stand at the temple, my heart felt a pang again. Chinese New year will never be the same for me from that time on.

Always remembered the times where we would gather round the table at a Teochew restaurant to have our reunion dinner. My cousins would always guess what the next dish would be, as year after year, it will be the same. Somehow, I stood that for granted.

Sitting right infront of the screen and these words are typed out, I really miss the moments we had, the food on the table, the company and.. my Grandfather. He was the one who held the family together... Things somehow will never be the same again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home