Saturday, March 12, 2005

memories

Through the bustling noises at the fruit stall, everything seemed to pause when my sight was focused on an elderly man, purchasing a bunch a banana a couple of steps infront of me. Thoughts of my grandpa came flashing back into my mind.

It was since 10th Dec 04 that he left us but till this very moment, his presence has not faded from my mind.

As I looked at the elderly man, tears started to accumulate at the corner of my eyes. I had to control my emotions for I did not want my Mum to worry, but despite how hard I try to push such a picture out of my mind, the images change and suddenly I see my grandpa standing there, right in front of me, doing what he does in the morning when he was around.

A few days ago, we recevied a handwritten letter from my grandpa's elder sister. When I saw his name written on the envelope, my heart sank. She was still kept in the dark. The content of the letter made my heart cry. She sounded so happy, wishing everyone luck for the new year and great health to everyone in the family and saying that she really hopes to hear from him soon.

I have no idea what I am trying to state here, but I guess I really really miss my Grandpa so much till I just see him in every other elderly person that walks pass. If only he is still around...

Ah gong, if only you knew of my thoughts, I would not have regretted my actions till now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home