Saturday, January 01, 2005

looking back..

Once again, a chapter of my life has ended. A new chapter will soon unfold right before me. It will be exciting yet scary at the same time. No one knows what will happen but only Him from up above...

Looking at back 2004, even though it was a short 365 days of my life, somehow it made me a different person that I am now.

Many things had happened especially at the last few pages of the chapter. Maybe that is why novels end this way too.

The start of the chapter was a little stale, nothing really 'wow' happened. I went into a new environment, got to know new friends. Initially, I was complaining like a crazy girl, not liking where I was, not able to have what I had last time. I was forced to grow up in that environment, to be independent of myself and of others around me. I passed through my first semester of school just like that, slacking around and enjoying myself like crazy. It was only when I received my results that I realised I could have done so much better if I made an effort to work harder. Thank goodness I was able to pull through.

As the chapter progresses, like a typical novel, my life started to spice up a little. Experienced love, had some nice moments, some really nasty ones too. Normal girl issues, cat fights, break ups, seen it all.

It was till the end that I realised that it was a turning point in my life, that makes me what I will be in the chapter to come. Somehow, everything that was suppose to happen within 2004, was kept till the finale. Event after event happened. It rushed to me like a million arrows, targeted to shoot me down and it did. The death of my dear Grandfather struck me down like a thunder blot. Hard, painful and shocking. The whole family was so shocked that suddenly my life went into a state of total silence. Mute.

That was not the end. Betrayal and rejection came banging against my door, causing the walls around me to fall again and again. Added to that was the stress i had to bear with from commitments and relationships, my skin problem erupted like a volcano. Red, sore and open wounds was the only thing that could be seen on the surface of my skin. It was unbearable. Too much until I broke down. My mind was exhausted . My heart was aching. I wanted to just hide all these feelings away, lock it up inside, but my mother knew her way in. I felt really bad spilling everything to her. I knew she will blame herself for what I am suffering today. Tears rolled down her cheeks and my heart was shattered. Who would ever want to see their parents cry?

Tailling to the end, the most horrifiying disaster hitted. It claimed the lives of so many people, leaving many homeless. Was the year suppose to end this way?

----- End of Chapter -----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home